At our first Cotopaxi Questival in Sacramento, CA! Such a great time to meet new people, explore, be healthy outdoors and help others!
Driving by the Cypress Bridge in Redding today I was happy to see that traffic was flowing rather nicely over the bridge…the construction has been well worth the wait. The big question that seems to be lurking in everyone’s minds is why, oh why, did they decide to do construction on both the Cypress bridge and the Park Marina bridge at the same time? Was it to use the budgetary funds before they ran out at the end of the year? Or some other reason? I’d love to know if you know or can speculate why!
Stroll the streets of downtown Red Bluff to enjoy Tehama County Arts Council’s 6th annual Art Walk. Participating businesses and venues exhibit the creations of local artists and host receptions in their honor. All ages are welcome, event takes place from 5pm – 9pm on November 7th and 8th. For more information call 530.524.1327
Artist Troy Hawkins will lead children through fun, art-filled 4-week sessions. Each session will teach a different art medium and incorporate a children’s book. Students will explore and practice using the materials. In the last class, students will complete and present the final project. Please have you child wear play clothes. Ages 4 and 5. Hawkman Studios Website
Location: Old City Hall, 1313 Market Street, Redding
Fee: $30 for 4 classes plus $12 supply fee paid to the instructor at first class
Fridays 9/5-9/26 – Monster Collage/Painting
Book: Go Away Big Green Monster
Author: Ed Emberley
Time: 9:30 am-10:30am
Fridays 9/5-9/26 – Crazy Self-Portrait
Book: A Bad Case of Stripes
Author: David Shannon
Time: 11:30 am-12:30pm
Fridays 10/10-10/31 – Wild Things Mask
Book: Where the Wild Things Are
Author: Maurice Sendak
Time: 9:30 am-10:30am
Fridays 10/10-10/31 – Charlie Brown Halloween Decoration
Book: It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Author: Charles Schultz
Time: 11:30 am-12:30am
Fridays 11/3-11/21 – Turkey-Collage/Painting
Book: Thanksgiving Day
Author: Anne F. Rockwell
Time: 9:30 am-10:30am
Fridays 11/3-11/21 – Tail Feather
Book: Thanksgiving Is…
Author: Gail Gibbons
Time: 11:30 am-12:30am
After school events including stories, crafts and fun activities for school-aged children from 4 – 5pm. This event is free! Redding Library at 1100 Parkview Avenue. For more information call 530.245.7253
Compete in a fun atmosphere while testing your knowledge in a variety of subjects (science, math, geography, sports, arts, and more!). Grades 4 – 8, all receive prizes. The event is on Wednesday, November 5th and check-in at 5:30pm at Yaks Koffee Shop 3274 Bechelli Lane. This event is free! Call 530.241.5948 for more information.
Looking for great nightlife fun in Redding? Why not stop by Turtle Bay’s “Culture Shock” activities on the first Friday of each month. This month (November 2008) features Cocktails with the Gecko’s (see below). For more information visit the Culture Shock MySpace page
If you are an adventurer or a “relic-hunter” there is a great opportunity awaiting you at Shasta Lake! With the lake levels historically low you can view history that won’t be available for viewing after winter hits and rains start to fill the lake back up. Redding.com has a great article about what’s been “uncovered” from the historically low water levels we are currently experiencing…but why not take a family trip out there and see for yourself???
Are you into walking or hiking and looking for information on Shasta County and Redding trails? Well thanks to www.VisitRedding.com here is some great information about all of the Shasta County trail systems including photos, maps and general data on local hiking, biking and walking trails.
Don’t forget to visit www.visitredding.com for more great recreation information about our area!
So I was searching around the web tonight and always stumble somewhere new…tonight it was www.northstarbrewery.blogspot.com where Shawn Sease from the brewery was discussing Johnny’s (the new bar in downtown Redding). If you’ve been to our blog before, you know that we know the owner and are excited for him in his new venture. Well Shawn made a great post about the beers that are served at Johnny’s, including one of their own local brews, North Star IPA. Shawn describes their local brew as “very well balanced, light malt character, perfect amount of bitterness, but the aroma WHOA – hop oil fantasy”.
I think its wonderful that Johnny’s is supporting the local brewery and so our hat is off to him. So, stop by and have a glass of North Star IPA and, if that is not your thing, they do have a full bar as well as 18 other beers and let them know that the Cronics (oh and our blog, BloggingRedding of course) sent you and let us know how you like it!
What: Find a Healthy Shasta Golden Shoes to win a prize worth $200 or more!
When: Golden Shoes will be hidden between September 15th and October 4th
Clues: All shoes are hidden in Shasta County in locations that support physical activity or healthy eating.
- Reach for Saturn and you just might slide into a Golden Shoe.
- In a magic house, where willow makes the walls, peek inside the doors and make yourself real tall.
- If it gets too “baummy” along the Pacific Crest, take a dip in crystal clear waters and gaze skyward to find a Golden Shoe near an eagle’s nest.
- Follow the map to find the gold. Bite into the fruit. You will be sold.
- Land a 720 at a park down South.
- Enjoy the terrific taste of Tuesdays with local farmers.
- Just off the boulevard, “engle” your way for a nutritious good time and center your attention around the greens.
- Use your “energy” to explore a new trail starting near a famous Shasta landmark…before the second bridge.
- Gold flowers, gold food, Gold Shoes, you never know what you will find on a Saturday morning.
- Take a walk between the river and “sunset,” cross many bridges and keep your eyes on the stumps.
Win! Each shoe comes with a prize worth $200 or more! Prizes include:
- 1-year YMCA Family Membership!
- $300 towards a bicycle(s) of your choice at a local bike shop donated by Mercy Medical Center!
- $200 Sports Scholarship to use towards karate, gymnastics, basketball registration or another physical activity class/program you enjoy donated by Redding Rancheria!
- $200 Sports Scholarship to use towards swimming lessons, dance classes, soccer registration or another physical activity class/program you enjoy donated by the 20/30 Club!
- $200 Fleet Feet Sports gift certificate!
- $200 gift certificate to Sunset Market grocery store!
- Water Fun package, including a 2009 Redding Aquatics Center Family Pass!
- $200 Redding Certified Farmers Market gift certificate donated by Simpson University!
- $200 Churn Creek Meadow Organic Farm gift certificate for fresh produce deliveries to your home or office donated by Slow Food!
- 6-month Curves Membership!
For more information visit the Healthy Shasta website at www.healthyshasta.org
Have you been to Turtle Bay yet? Here is a great opportunity if you haven’t wanted to pay the admission fee and if you want to celebrate a healthy lifestyle at the same time! Healthy Shasta’s 3rd Annual Walk This Way at Turtle Bay – a FREE family event – will be Saturday, October 4th from 9 am to 1 pm. Enjoy free admission to Turtle Bay, live entertainment, including a jump rope and comedy show, healthy cooking demos, children’s activities, sports exhibitions, health screenings, a family fun walk (with free t-shirts for kids while supplies last) and all Turtle Bay Exploration Park has to offer!
For more information on the Walk This Way at Turtle Bay day visit Healthy Shasta’s website, www.healthyshasta.org
Here’s the girls dancing on the bar to Devil Went Down To Georgia! Sort of Coyote Uglyesque and fun and entertaining at the same time! I can definately say the men enjoyed it! But if this isn’t your cup of tea there are always the upstairs with 2 pool tables, dart board and bar that overlooks the first level…so you can people watch or just enjoy watching the live entertainment on the stage from above! Let us know what you think and don’t forget you can post your photos here!
Johnny’s Cathouse – Bar in Redding, CA – Grand Opening
This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!